Wednesday, October 22, 2014

11:34-12:19






English has never been one of my strong subjects. I have always struggle with this class but I have always tried my best. In class we have been working on alot of things that will soon prepare me for college. Before I used to get mad about reading or writing because I wasn't thinking rationally and still in a young mind set. Now I am so grateful for the opportunity to have someone be able to feed me and give me the knowledge that I will now longer be spoon fed to me very soon. Today during our class discussion about breaking down section from the "Fahrenheit 451", it has really showed me that everything is not going to be straight forward but that we will need to break it down in order to fully understand. Also reading articles about the media and how social media is impacting our lives has really open my eyes. People really rely on the internet for all the answers to their problems and are starting to not use books for information anymore. This really makes me wonder why do people rely on the internet? It really makes me wonder because the internet and social media has an huge impact on the fact that our societies and generation have a lack to interact with each other. As a people we have a big disconnect which makes our society blame all our problems on the government but in all actuality we only have ourselves to blame. With books becoming non existent things are not going to get any better for the next generations down the line.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree. I liked the point you made when you said our society blames the government when in actuality we're the ones to blame. That line really gave me a different perspective on how I view things now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the thesis for your essay could be in here.

    ReplyDelete