Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Recently I was able to  participate in acting out the character of Hermia in "MSND", written by present Shakespeare. In English we had the luxury of having the help of a teacher who taught us how to break down Shakespeare language and interpret how the characters were feeling and how it would be if they were to be in day. At first i was only willing to play the part of Hermia because i was told that i would give us extra credit on our grade. But after being able to do the exercises and being able to twist the script and act it out as if it was modern day, acting out the part really have caught my interest. Acting the play it in front of the class wasn't so bad because i knew them. In my head i had this mentality like i'm no scared to do anything, so acting it out at BAM was the least of my worries. When my school arrived there i started to have butterflies in my stomach. This feeling was unbelievable because i had never felt this way, being shy before ever. In my head  i just knew that i had to finish what i started and it was a great feeling. Acting it out really made me understand what Shakespeare was trying to present when he wrote the play. This experience mad me gain more interest in the literature subject. In all I had to conquer my fears and i winded up going out with a bang.

1 comment:

  1. It's great that this was such a powerful experience for you!

    ReplyDelete